Congrats to our Mr. December Ross(Fit) Sims!! This guy has been awesome positive energy in our community and are fortunate to have him!!
Learn more about him below:
What makes you, you?
– Faith, Family, Friends! Each of those contributes to who I am as a person. I like for people to feel comfortable and accepted when they are around me and I really enjoy encouraging people, I think that’s a big component of being me!
Describe your experience at CFNC.
– I tried multiple Crossfit boxes when I moved to Charleston three years ago and the last one I tried (CFNC) just felt right. My experience has been a vastly positive one. I believe it’s important in life to be around people that are positive, that genuinely want the best for you, and are encouraging. The coaches are one of my favorite parts of CFNC, all of them are super encouraging and motivating. They are there to tell me to do more weight even when I don’t want to 😂. I believe to some extent we are all shaped by our environment, good news is that we get to choose that environment. That is what I have found at CFNC!
What are your major life goals?
– Crush it in real estate! Become financially free at the age of 40. Own a Crossfit box. Spend the rest of my days doing what I love and something beneficial for society and spending time traveling the world.
What are your 3 major CrossFit goals?
– Butterfly pull-ups. Get bar/ring muscle-ups. Become way better at burpees. (Bonus: Get my Level 1!)
What has been your favorite CrossFit moment so far?
– It is anytime I achieve something I did not think I could do. So I have had many of those in my Crossfit journey. I love when I get anything gymnasticy (it’s a word, trust me) on the rig. Most recently it was being able to string together toes-to-bar and double unders!
What has been your favorite CrossFit WOD and why?
– I tend to forget workouts as soon as they are over! Most recently I really liked Open 20.2 which was: Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 4 dumbbell thrusters, 6 toes-to-bars, 24 double-unders. The thrusters sucked but I enjoyed the toes to bar and dubs because I like workouts that include testing new movements I have acquired.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
– I would love to start a family some day so maybe that’s in the cards for the future. But I just want to be better version of me in 5 years than I am now. Wherever I am, whomever I’m with, and whatever I’m doing in 5 years I want to be living it up and enjoying life.
Share a recipe for a favorite clean meal.
– My go-to is grilled chicken (marinate it in chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and thank me later), rice or roasted sweet potatoes, and grilled/roasted brussel sprouts. Serve with some homemade guac!
What is your favorite cheat meal?
– Unfortunately too many things come to mind but I would say any form of super cheesy pizza (with pineapples!)
What is the most challenging aspect of CrossFit?
– Realizing that you are where you are in your progress/journey and that you can’t change anything about previous decisions or goals not met but you have full control over what you do now. Also, in Crossfit you have to check the ego at the door and not compare yourself to others.
What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit?
– Be coachable and patient. Celebrate small victories and don’t get hung up on things you are not able to do at the moment. Compare yourself to only yourself and the progress you have made. Also, be social and make some new friends, everyone there wants to see you succeed!
What is your personal ‘walkout song’ or anthem?
– Sweet Home Alabama – by Lynryd Skynyrd. Roll Tide!!